The New Helios Gold HXG-30 spinning reel is a cracking little light weight number from Okuma. 25% lighter and 50% stronger than standard graphite framed reels the Helios is predominantly constructed from long strand carbon fiber.
Inside the Okuma Helios Gold features Okuma's Helios Precision Elliptical Gear System which is machine cut from aluminum. The aluminum gearing is lighter and harder than traditional brass gears. The aluminum gears are also far more corrosion resistant than brass.
Line capacity of the HXG-30 is 240y / 0.20mm and it has a 5:1 gear ratio.
- Carbonite drag washers
- 8 HPB Stainless steel ball bearings
- 1 Quick-set anti-reverse roller bearing
- Precision machine-cut brass pinion gear
- Corrosion resistant aluminum gearing
- Long strand carbon fiber body and rotor construction
- Hydro block watertight drag seal